Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Miss Arts Debut + Get Picky Inspiration!

Very excited to be debuting a class at Miss Art's Papercrafting School!
It's called Stretch-A-Sketch, and you can see the preview video HERE.
The class features 6 layouts, using 3 sketches...here's a peek:





















































The class subscriptions are super-affordable at Miss Art's, with lots of fun, inspiring subjects & teachers, so if that's something you're interested in, I hope to see some of you over there, beginning Friday, February 10th!

Now, onto the current Inspiration Challenge @ Get Picky...it's summer there, & winter here, so the challenge is to create a page documenting any holiday, using at least 4 photos!

Here's a picture of the inspiration:


And here's my layout:
I've been hoarding this October Afternoon distressed-wood paper for an Oregon beach layout, and finally got up the courage to part with it, lol.

Used a fun mix of different OA embellishments & Twinery twine...plus some dry-brushing with Sprinklers for a fun, beachy look.

I had fun playing around free-style with paint & twine on this layout...what have you had fun playing around with lately on your scrappy projects?

One last note on my previous blog post...WOW, 111 comments, what a treat!  I really appreciate all your kind words as you hopped around with Epiphany Crafts & Echo Park...thanks so much for joining in & leaving such sweet thoughts about my project!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous layout!!! love the twines run through it :) Congrats on the new class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could NOT part with this paper - it's sooooo gorgeous. Brave, strong you:):) It's a fab LO, though, really funky & different. Love the 'heart' twine:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and 'cos I love your work, I've just awarded you a Liebster Award - details here:
    http://lizzyhill12.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/liebster-awardread-on.html
    Enjoy:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy, thanks SO much for the sweet comments & Liebster, I'm honored! :)

      Delete
  4. I have come to your blog via Lizzy Hill, wow love your layouts

    Cheers
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to check out your class! I'm teaching there next month :) Can't wait to see yours.
    I've left something for you on my blog! www.paperedcottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are amazing! I am now a follower! Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete